Friday, December 11, 2009

Frustrated Friday


After figuring out a safe bike route to my nearby park & ride, I was excited about the possibility of taking the bus (with my bike on the front rack) into Atlanta for today's Courteous Mass. Since I'm hoping to relocate soon, I thought it might be a good idea to get involved in the local cycling scene. Alas, my multi-modal trip to the city was not to be because while Cobb County Transit seems pleased enough to get one into the city, the last bus leaves Atlanta for Acworth at 7:05 PM. Not enough time to socialize at all.

On the bright side, it looks like Courteous Mass is going strong with a ride every second Friday of the month. There's also a 3rd Friday Commute that sounds like my kind of ride. As eager as I am to attend a group ride, I guess I'll just have to wait until I move, but at least I know that there will be other rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment