Monday, December 14, 2009

The Ride: What I've Learned So Far, Part II

  • Avoid braking on gravel-covered surfaces. I'm lucky not to have fallen, twice. The second episode of wild skidding pretty much emblazoned this little tip in my memory.
  • Old dogs don't chase you very far. I don't think it's because they're tired, I think it's because they know better than to stray too far from their yards.
  • Avoid big sticks. (I learned that by observing Dan).
  • If you roll the bike forward, the Pletscher kickstand folds up by itself (but sometimes not all the way up).

2 comments:

  1. also, it may be wise to watch out, if the sign says, "fresh oil".

    i had a friend who busted both his ACL's in both his legs, on his first ride. i had gone with him and i felt so bad because he fell and i didn't. i don't know if i was more experienced and hence didn't fall or if luck was on my side!

    lubricating the kick stand might make it go all the way back up more easily.

    be well and safe!

    peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go find the WD-40 fot that kickstand post haste!

    ReplyDelete